Thursday, December 2, 2010

TWENTY SEVEN MONTHS and still nothing…

It's December 2010 and whopping 27 months into our wait and still no news. I have contacted DoCS who tell me…
"There's no update news to give you really. We are still awaiting an allocation in the 0-2 age range. We've not had one in this age range since March. We know waiting times are extending due to the decreasing number of children being referred to ICAB requiring overseas families. I know this is a difficult time for families waiting to hear news so please do email / call when you need to."
Mmmm well that's hard to believe when there are 100MILLION orphans worldwide and we really only want 1, well 2 really, but not fussy, just desperate to be a family!
So it's 3 weeks til Christmas and we really thought we'd have munchkins around us this year, not looking that way currently. Honestly just to receive the phone call by Christmas would be wonderful. So I need you all to channel a prayer for us!
Meanwhile I realise that I have been very slack about updating my Blog, most of you know however that Mark did complete the Coolangatta Gold in November. It was a very tough race but he was so stoked to have finished and has happily ticked it off his Bucket List. Next challenge is parenthood! In between that though we have embarked on our house renovations which is exciting and distracting at the same time. Next year is already shaping up as a good one with news that my relatives are planning to visit Australia again and maybe a permanent move for (brother) Chris and his family, which would be fantastic. Also Mark is taking on an apprentice (my godson, Bryce) so we are looking forward to having him with us and learning from the "master".!!! Hopefully I will be posting another blog very soon, one with big letters stating … IT"S A …!!! Thanks for all your love support and prayers, make sure you add us to your prayer circle please :)

1 comment:

  1. Emma and Sutts, not that I pray much, but knowing that the two of you are such deserving people (parents) I really pray that your wish will be granted sooner rather than later. Can't imagine the heartache that goes with the longing to have a family. Wishing you both a blessed Christmas and the long wished for family you both truly deserve. Don't give up hope, your day will come

    ReplyDelete