Tuesday, March 9, 2010

18 month Milestone

Today marks 18 months ICAB approved, a milestone for us in this epic wait to become parents. To be honest, I never thought that we would have to wait this long, so it is a mixed emotions day. On the plus side, between now and end 2010 we almost certainly will become a family. Mark has threatened to move overseas if we are still waiting come Jan 2011, however, I am convinced we will not have to do that.

Some days I find myself pouring over orphanage websites in PI, there are so many little faces staring back at me and again I am left in bewilderment as to why it takes so long to match these children to families.

Intriguingly, our little one(s) are already treading this globe. They have a first name and a warm bed and they dream of one day, soon, meeting their mummy and daddy. Gosh, we pray for the day when we will unite.

Meanwhile we continue with our house renovations in preparation for 1, 2 or more little munchkins. The plans have come in from the architect to make 2 rooms out of one upstairs (secretly I am very proud of my design skills on that one). Mark's shed plans look very impressive. He can't wait to build his new shed and finish the pool fence around it.

Here's hoping that call comes in by end March. Stay tuned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment