Sunday, July 4, 2010

Friends rock

Friends rock, yes the friends that are positive and supportive and tell you with wonderful enthusiasm that they feel we are oh so close to being allocated. The same friends who spoke the same words over a year ago. Clearly the time must have flown by if I can remember those exact words!! But they are words I hang onto, they are my Mantra. I have been in contact with DoCS in Sydney to find out why the Filipino program seems to have come to a near stand still. I await their response! Last year there were 14 allocations in total for the PI program, this year from Jan-April there has only been 3, and I think perhaps one (1) from April-June. So although we are half way through the year, there is less that a third of 2009 total. Some feel there will be a flood of allocations in the later part of the year. Others are just praying that there is some movement. I personally just can't believe that it can be so slow! Knowing that there are children there in orphanages, just bursting to belong to a loving family, and our file is stuck in a cabinet awaiting (?) it totally breaks my heart. If only there was a status update of sorts, which kept you in the loop, advised you of something, anything. It appears we are so close and we live on and hope, but to be honest there are days when Mark and I discuss how we feel it will never happen, or we will be pensioners collecting child-care allowance! Then there are good days when we dream about our little one(s) sharing the moment with us. It's hard this waiting, harder than a pregnancy as there is no time cut off! Maybe DoCS may shed some light this week.

Waiting time = 22 months + 5 days

No comments:

Post a Comment